PLEASE SCROLL PAST THE ENTRY FORM TO SEE COMPLETE RULES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
MONROE COUNTY 4-H FAIR 2022 TALENT COMPETITION
Local Rules and Highlights
1. The Monroe County 4-H Fair Talent Show will be held on Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at the Grandstand at Tomah Recreation Park. 1625 Butts Ave, Tomah, WI 54660
2. The contest is open to all legal residents of Wisconsin. Entries will be limited to the first 20 received in each of the following two official age divisions: Youth (2-12 years), Teen (13-18 years). Performers need not be a 4-H or FFA Member to participate.
3. Setup, performance and takedown time combined is limited to 7 minutes. Performers exceeding a total of 7 minutes will be subject to an automatic 5-point reduction or disqualification at the discretion of the judges.
4. When entering the contest, please chose from one of the four basic talent descriptions that best fit your performance: Dance, Vocal, Instrumental, Variety.
5. Performance Limitations: No more than 5 performers in any act. No combos, rock bands or similar groups permitted; this is NOT a battle of the bands competition. You may have an accompanist that is NOT a performer.
6. Vocalists are strongly encouraged to practice and perform with the assistance of a vocal coach and/or a live accompanist. While we do allow recorded instrumental accompaniment, any prerecorded track with backing vocals is not allowed, and the act will be disqualified. Media requirements: Submit .mp3 or .wav file audio on removable USB device.
7. The competition will be judged by a panel of no less than three nor more than five judges with a background in the professional performance area.
8. One winner each in the Youth and Teen divisions – Prizes TBD awarded to 1st through 3rd place in each age division
9. Monroe County 4-H Fair Gate Admission will be provided only to contestant(s).
10. Entries must be submitted through the online entry process. A link will be posted on the Fair’s website (www.monroecountyfairwi.com) and is also directly accessible at the fair’s co-sponsor website: www.cow97.com . No other method of entry will be accepted.
11. Entries must be received by 5pm local time on July 20, 2022.